A verified channel on YouTube is an important milestone that signifies credibility and authenticity for content creators. In this article, we will discuss the process of getting a verified badge for your YouTube channel and the benefits it brings.
What is a Verified Badge on YouTube?
A verified badge is a symbol that appears next to a YouTube channel’s name, indicating that the channel is authentic and belongs to a notable public figure, brand, or entity. The verified badge is a gray checkmark that appears next to the channel name on the channel page, search results, and comments. It helps viewers identify authentic channels and avoid impersonators or fake accounts.
How to Get Verified on YouTube?
YouTube has specific criteria for channels to be eligible for verification. Here are the steps to follow to apply for the verified badge:
- Meet Eligibility Requirements: The channel must meet certain eligibility requirements set by YouTube, including having at least 100,000 subscribers, being in good standing with the platform’s terms of service, and having a complete channel profile, including channel art and description. BTW If you don’t have time to wait for users to join voluntarily, you can purchase subscriber packs on our site.
- Apply for Verification: Once the channel meets the eligibility requirements, the channel owner can apply for verification by following these steps:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio
- Go to Settings
- Click on Channel
- Click on Verify Channel
- Follow the steps to complete the verification process
- Wait for Approval: After submitting the application, YouTube’s team will review the channel and decide whether it meets the criteria for verification. The review process can take up to several weeks, and the channel owner will receive a notification once the verification status is approved or denied.
Benefits of Having a Verified Badge on YouTube
A verified badge on YouTube brings several benefits to content creators. Here are some of the advantages of having a verified channel:
- Credibility: A verified channel is more credible than an unverified one. It helps build trust with viewers and shows that the channel belongs to a notable public figure, brand, or entity.
- Search Visibility: Verified channels are more likely to appear at the top of YouTube search results. This means that verified channels have a better chance of being discovered by viewers searching for specific topics.
- Community Tab: Verified channels can use the Community tab, which allows them to interact with their audience through posts, polls, and other content. This feature is not available to unverified channels.
- Custom Thumbnails: Verified channels can use custom thumbnails for their videos, which can help them stand out in search results and attract more viewers.
- Live Streaming: Verified channels can live stream on YouTube, which can be a powerful way to engage with audiences in real-time and build a community around the channel.
Getting a verified badge on YouTube is a valuable achievement for content creators. It signifies authenticity, credibility, and can bring several benefits to the channel. To get the verified badge, channels must meet certain eligibility requirements and follow the application process. Once approved, the channel owner can enjoy the benefits of having a verified channel, including search visibility, community engagement, and live streaming.